I’ve been feeling guilty about neglecting my blog… Today, I received a post from someone that I follow and they are using #7bulletfriday, giving their followers a list of seven things that are going on in their lives. Just random, but positive, things going on. And I thought, “Hey, I can do that!”
So, here we go. The first of (hopefully) many 7-Bullet-Fridays.
- This week, my sweet boyfriend and I celebrated our two-year, “I love you” anniversary. We had dinner at Flemming’s Steakhouse, I received a lovely bouquet of roses now gracing my desk and we have a new set of matching silver rings that my guy hammered with no adult supervision.
- We’re traveling to Shawsville, VA (don’t worry if you’ve never heard of it) this weekend to visit my parents and celebrate my mom’s birthday. Happy birthday Mom!
- My Dragon World five-novel series is getting a new stream of creative energy as I begin story-boarding Book 1 – Tree Dragon. I finished the first draft last year, pantser style, but it feels like its missing something. So, I’m going back to the drawing board. And, to help me figure things out is Greg Smith of Agile Writers, story coach extraordinaire (and my boyfriend)!
Check him out at: http://agilewriters.com/
- I just finished another short story called Mirror World. My writing group critiqued it last night and I can’t wait to get it revised and posted. Also on the short story topic, I am working on revisions to two more shorts called Breathing Underwater and Honey/Sheahanna/Chickery (a three perspectives story).
- My favorite Abraham quote this week:
We would like to leave you with this very clear knowing that we hold: You are just a few laughs away from letting a whole lot of good stuff in. You are just a few kisses away from letting a whole lot of good stuff in. You are just a little bit of relief away from letting a whole lot of good stuff in. Abraham
To learn more about Abraham (channeled by Esther Hicks), the Law of Attraction, and to sign up for Abraham’s daily quote visit: http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/index.php
- I’m always looking for inspiration and constantly browsing writing websites and Pinterest for story prompts and ideas. Here’s one that gets my creative juices flowing, how about you?
“Every night you visit me. Sometimes in dreams. Sometimes in nightmares.”
- Lastly, I want to share this wonderful resource for names and their meanings. What I especially like about this site is, not only can you look up a name to get its meaning, variants and diminutives but you can also search for names by their meaning. Like a reverse phone lookup, if you have a character who is beautiful, joyful, strong or strange, unlucky, sorrowful, etc. you can find all the names that share those meanings. You can search first, last, name meaning and two numerology aspects, soul urge and expression numbers. And, you can refine by boy names, girl names and unisex names. Pretty cool…it’s become one of my go-to places when I’m developing a new character. http://www.meaning-of-names.com/search/