- New 7-Bullet-Friday graphic: I’m super proud of the new “7-Butter-Flyday” graphic I created on Photoshop. I’ve gone back and updated my last 7BF post with the new graphic and two pics to go with the first bullet.
- Shawsville, VA: The weather was absolutely beautiful for our trip last weekend! Nothing says, “spring” like dogwoods and redbuds in bloom. Here are a couple pics of the town sign, sorry no population listed. But I did look it up on Wikipedia… 1,310 at the 2010 census. 🙂
- Dragon World update: The focus this week was on the story arc of the entire series. And, I was surprised at the relief I felt after defining my story. Not just what its about, but how it gets from beginning to end. I’m not down in the weeds yet. These are broad strokes so I know the mechanics of the story. It truly is exciting to have clearer ideas. It hadn’t occurred to me after all these years of writing my first novel that I would feel more inspiration knowing where I’m going, as opposed to waiting until I write myself there to find out. Oh, and buh-bye to writer’s block. If you have a road map, you’re far less likely to get lost.
Another shout out to Greg Smith of Agile Writers, story coach extraordinaire (and my boyfriend)!
Check him out at: http://agilewriters.com/
- What I’m reading this week: I am an audio-book addict, using my commute to “read.” I just started The Sleeper by Emily Barr. It’s a thriller about a woman who takes an overnight commuter train from Cornwall to London to escape her boring life and disappointing marriage. One night she vanishes from the train without a trace. I’m a quarter of the way in and I’m hooked.
- My favorite Abraham quote this week:
“There are as many different worlds as there are perceivers or Beings or individuals. You are not here to create one world where everyone is the same, wanting and getting the same. You are here to be that which you want to be, while you allow all others to be that which they want to be.” —Abraham
To learn more about Abraham (channeled by Esther Hicks), the Law of Attraction, or to sign up for Abraham’s daily quote visit: http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/index.php
- My favorite writing prompt this week:
“I woke up to hear knocking on glass. At first, I thought it was the window, until I heard it come from the mirror again.”
- My Favorite from the inter-webs: Creating my new graphic inspired me to share my favorite site for downloading royalty free stock photos – Pixabay. You can also share your own pictures as public domain. The photos are high-res, and in many cases stunning and inspiring. Sometimes I just browse though them on my lunch hour. They come from all over the world and are completely free. You can make a donation to “buy them a cup of coffee” but it’s completely voluntary and there is no limit to how much you can download. The galaxy image making up my butterfly wings came from Pixabay. In fact, whenever I have a Photoshop project, I start here.
Check it out at: https://pixabay.com/