- Facebook Update: I’m focusing on the My Dreaming Butterfly Facebook page this week and have decided that a daily post will help bring more traffic to the page. My idea for an easy daily post is to use inspirational, butterfly themed Pinterest pins. So, I’ll be working on that over the weekend. This project may lead to creating my own butterfly themed art quotes, but I’ll keep that idea in the background for now. Ideally, I’ll be able to add quotes to some of my existing butterfly art and maybe some of my pieces going forward will work for this idea too. Hmm, thoughts bubbling, juices flowing…
- What I’m reading this week: Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen is currently playing on my Kindle. “Our heroine, Georgie, aka Lady Victoria Georgiana Charlotte Eugenie, cousin of King George V of England, is penniless and trying to survive on her own as an ordinary person in London in 1932. So far she has managed to light a fire and boil an egg… She’s gate-crashed a wedding… She’s making money by secretly cleaning houses… And she’s been asked to spy for Her Majesty the Queen. Everything seems to be going swimmingly until she finds a body in her bathtub… and someone is definitely trying to kill her.” So far, this cozy mystery is loads of fun. Wonderful narration, I’m loving the British accents. A good lessons in obstacles and overcoming them.
- My favorite dream interpretation this week:
1. The need or desire to throw all the dreamer’s energy into a particular goal.
2. The feeling of having no choice as to how to proceed in a given situation – in short, of being “driven.” If the dreamer is not the drive, he should consider who is doing it.
Astrological parallels: Aries, Capricorn
Tarot parallel: The Chariot
- My favorite Abraham quote this week:
“It doesn’t matter what anybody else is doing with their vibration, it only matters what you are doing. You cannot desire something—and notice that it isn’t coming—without offering two contradictory vibrations that won’t let it come..” —Abraham
To learn more about Abraham (channeled by Esther Hicks), the Law of Attraction, or to sign up for Abraham’s daily quote visit: http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/index.php
- My favorite writing prompt this week:
“I inherited a gift people would die for. A gift many would die to protect. A gift, I didn’t even want.”
- My favorite writing quote this week:
“I’m writing a first draft and reminding myself that I’m simply shoveling sand in a box so that later I can build castles.” –Shannon Hale
- My favorite from the inter-webs: It seems like we have a day for celebrating everything from apples (Oct. 21) to the letter Z (Jan 1). So, of course there’s a website that will let you know all the celebration possibilities and the particular days they fall on. For example, today (July 7) is not only Chocolate Day and Strawberry Sundae Day, it is also Tell the Truth Day and Global Forgiveness Day. I’d like to think they planned for these last two to happen together. So, tell someone the truth, forgive them and yourself, and then go out for a strawberry sundae and a bite of chocolate to soothe any remaining hurt feelings.
Check it out at: https://www.daysoftheyear.com/#